Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day23: Completely Irrational...

Was up till 4 trying to post my blog. Each video takes about an hour to upload to YouTube because of how slow the Internet is here. It's like the days of dial up ... Oh the joy. So I awoke at noon and was exhausted. Shane and Linds were having company for lunch and cooked Tortilla soup, yum! It was an older couple from the company, Paul and ??, and they were taking off for 17 days on a trip to Malaysia/Thailand. So they passed on some of their 30+ yrs of missionary wisdom, ate, and said farewell.  

Then Shane and I took off for Gramedia at the mall while Linds and Judson took a nap. I needed to get a wrist brace and he was in the market for a guitar. Not sure what I did to my wrist, but it's all kinds of screwed up. Traffic was loco and definitely littered with suicicles - it's not a matter of if you get hit, but when and how bad. We finally made it to the store,  I spent $7 for my wrap, and Shane spent almost $150 on a guitar, stand, and some badmitton rackets for the farm. He then dropped me off at Black Canyon and headed home to hang with Judson and Linds. 

While at Black Canyon I caught up on emails, facebook, and some reading. Shane picked me up about 3 hours later in time for some homemade BBQ. They had heard the ground meat at this one grocery store was good, apparently here it's a struggle to find this, so I was getting to be part of the experiment. If the burgers were good, they would return to buy more for Judsons big 1st birthday party this coming Saturday.  We had bacon cheese burgers with baked potatoe cubes and I think their friends were correct, the ground beef was d-lish. 

Since the sale on the guitar was good and Lindsay had been seriously thinking of starting to play, Shane and I headed back out the door to a closer Gramedia location. However, each day in Indo teaches you something new, like how water pressure in the shower slows when it rains ... Why? Who knows, it just does. Or how McDonalds can be out of the 4 pack of Chicken McNuggets but still offers the 6 pack. But today was my favorite, Shane went to the counter to purchase the 2nd guitar and they would not take his credit card because it did not have some mysterious chip in it. Mind you, not 2 hours earlier at a Gramedia 5 miles away, the same card was used to buy the 1st guitar. And yeah, it would of made sense if they had run the card and it was declined or did not work, but they refused to run it at all. Classic. They are incapable of thinking outside the box. They were out of 4pc boxes and obviously you can't put a 4pc chicken mcnuggets in a 6pc box. His card did not have some chip they were told it had to have to work, thus why would you run it? Craziness I tell ya, completely irrational, welcome to Indonesia.

So we returned, but not empty handed. I introduced the two to the comedy, The Hangover. 

Nite nite from the Iphone blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment