Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Day 15: The task at hand 

A wise man once told me that if you accomplish 20% of your to-do list on any given day in Bali, your doing extremely well.  Sounds like permission to me ... 

Started my day at Treehouse for an Indonesian breakfast, aka fried rice and tea. Newsflash! Did you know that fried rice is fattening and high in cholesterol? Yeah, the staple of my diet over here and my go to item on the menu. That explains the 10lbs and spare tire - insert tear. So now I'm trying to find healthy filling alternatives ... What about fried noodles?  

Settled in at the local internet warung to complete task 1. I owed some people emails, like 100 of them, so I settled in for the next 3 hours returning emails, downloading pictures, attempting to upload pictures, etc. Oh and note to self, don't download your pics onto a computer you do not own and hit "delete pics on camera". I was going to send them all to my mac account online until I realized they were taking 4 minutes a pic to load ... I had 379. So tried to upload them back onto the camera but my Canon was having none of that. I bought and burned the last  CD they had at the warung an double checked the files to make surethey burned correctly. Note to the American public, if you ever think your Internet is slow in the states, just think back to the mid 90's and dial up or come to Bali, it's pretty much the same thing.     

Caught up over lunch with my new friend Rami from Finland, you will remember him from the Monkey Forest Mauling in Ubud. Brit joined us as well, found out Rami was in a punk band and they talked shop for a bit. Then I jumped on Brit's bike and we took off for the airport so I could book my flight to see Shane in Semarang. Along the way I saw a travel agency, we made a u-turn, I paid 410,000, about $8 more than the online price, and task 2 was complete.   

Task 3, I rented a motor bike for 2 days, paid $4/day, check. Task 5, I hit up a wifi coffee shop so I could upload my blog and play on facebook - which worked out well since the sky decided to open up again. 

It was about that time and my belly was rumbling, so I explored Poppies 1 and found another cafe that shows movies while you eat and I settled in for a bacon cheeseburger, banana milkshake, and some Twilight. Once Bella was saved and the credits rolled, I was pooped and headed back to my air con and some slumber. I know, I know, there are probably 200 bars/clubs within 200 yards every which way, but tonight for me was low key and perfect.

Nite nite from the iPhone blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment