Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 20: Fru Fru Coffee Connoiseurs

Today was a lazy relaxing day involving a late start, good food, and good fellowship. So I awoke around 11, exited my room at noon, and just enjoyed another good nights sleep. Lindsay had been up since 6:30 with Judson, and it appears he might have a little cold. They were hungry as was I, so we started off to one of their favorite restaurants, the Black Canyon Cafe. It's got wifi, pretty cool decor and one of Shane's favorite Coffee drinks, not even sure the name. You see, Shane and I are what you would call Fru Fru Coffee Connoisseurs, yeah, our official title. We both do not like the taste of coffee but enjoy the effects, so the more chocolate or cinnamon or Oreo they put in, the better. I like to think of it as a milkshake with a kick. And this Asian chain restaurant has a whole menu to this effect, could you ask for more? So we had a good meal, a couple of good coffee creations and then they were off for their day leaving me with their mac and wifi to take care of my business. 

My BofA debit card still will not work with the stupid "verified by visa" process. I am trying to book a flight to Singapore and then a really nice double decker luxury bus to KL, but to no avail. I called BofA and they say they have not rejected a single purchase that "Verified by Visa" is Visa's deal. I log into VbyV's site and online I discover it shows all the transactions I tried to make as if they happened, but never sent them to my bank. I sent them an email and will give them 2 days before I pull the plug on VbyV. I used my Chase debit card and it worked like a charm, so I leave for Sing on the 4th, which would be the 3rd in Ca. 

Shane says you can get a dental cleaning here for about $15 and an accupuncture visit for about $5 ... Guess what I will be scheduling over the next few days. My wrist has been acting up since my return to Kuta from Ubud about a week ago. The only strenuous activity I can recall is bowling, but bowling has never done this before. So I'm dousing it with Bengay and will see the Accupuncture guy if it does not improve - I mean for $5, you can't beat it. I will also have him check out my neck because it's been sore again lately and might need a tune up.    

Shane, Linds, and Judson picked me up around 6 and we headed off for the French Walmart of sorts, CarrFore, the only store reminiscent of home. I literally just wandered the isles until I found the candy isle and reverted to an 8 year old seeking diabetes. So $5 and 10 different kinds of candy later, I made my exit. We dropped Lindsay and Judson off at the house so she could get him ready for bed and headed to a hotel they are a member of. It's kind of like the country club concept, gives you access to the pool and discounts on the food, but is all contained in a building attached to a mall. Again, this place is fairly crowded and since they do not go up very high here, most land is built upon. We enjoyed a brilliant buffet with everything you could want until we got to dessert. As a heads up, the Indo's put sugar in everything, from eggs to drinks to rice, but apparently there is one thing they do not think requires it ... Dessert. Never have I had such bland and boring desserts that look way d-lish. They have layered items and chocolatey items and orange items and gelatin items and there was one thing that they all had in common, they tasted like blah. Not sweet, not tart, just bland, it was saddening. Luckily I had a bag of candy waiting back at the house! 

We returned, we watched some Idol Hollywood week, I gourged on a little candy, and just chilled for the rest of the night. It was a lazy relaxing day.

Nite nite from the iPhone blogger
 

No comments:

Post a Comment