Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 6: Rain and Relax

9am: Awake
With AC I find it much easier to sleep. It might also be the quality of sleeping material as well ... The beds are not green gumbys and the pillows are featherdown. Amazing! At our new hotel breakfast is 20,000 Rp for all you can eat ... Insert choir music here.  Met up with the mighty three at breakfast and heard about Haiti. Heartbreaking! Especially with a third world country like that, insufficient building standards, poor emergency systems, etc. - I fear the devestation will be massive.  

10:30am: Internet Cafe
I went to an Internet cafe for the first time. Cost me a little over a dollar for an hour. I tried to book a ticket to see Shane Mikeska in Semarang via Lion Air for $40usd, but the page to pay would not fully load ... Not suprised though, I was working on a PC. So I decided to change my plans and go to Ubud for a few days. Arranged for a bus tomorrow at 1pm for 50,000Rp = $5usd. 

2pm: Pool
Hang at the pool with Chris and the Three (Polly, Joff, & Lyndzy). Lyndzy is Canadaian, eh,  and might be the craziest of all. She has a mustache tattoo on the inside of her finger for Movember. When it rolls around she puts her finger above her upper lip in support of Cancer research. Hilarious! The pool lasted a good hour and a half & then it was shower time and "clean my wounds" time. The big toe is still pussing because the chunk is missing from where the toe bends, thus reopening all the time. That one will take a bit to heal. But no infection yet, so success on that front. 

6:15pm: Knock Knock Knock
The Three came banging on our door. We had been passed out for a good two hours in the Air Con ... A luxury here. It was dinner time and we were starving. For my final meal before heading to Ubud, we hit up Treehouse. During our meal the sky opened up again and down came the cats and dogs. We waited an hour for it to let up and then made a dash for another cafe. This one was showing Final Destination 4, which suprisingly was a great film ... Uh, I am kidding ... Kind of film you only watch while in Asia at a pub with no other options. It was great.

9:30pm Back to Air Con
My toe was aching, as was my leg, and I needed to avoid the infectious rain water of the streets. So the moment the rain quit I made a run for it. Got back before the sky opened again and doused a ton more alcohol into the wounds - yowser. Still stings like the dickens every time! Maybe that's a good thing? Packed up my bags for traveling tomorrow. We leave at 6am for a temple called Pura Tanalah, temple in the sea. Finished reading The Alchemist - thanks Josh - and passed it on to my mate Chris. Put Josh's name in it, my name an now Chris'. I charged him with reading it in the next few weeks and passing it on to other travelers. Would be cool to find it in a few years with a few hundred names.

Nite nite from the iPhone blogger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment