Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 49: Hamish wake up call and where's my laundry?

Was in bed by 3ish, solid REM going on, dreaming about something amazing I'm sure. "Where's Deano? Hey Deano, where are ya?" It's 5am, Hamish, our Aussie friend that we lost on the ferry going to Phi Phi a few weeks back, was at Patong Backpackers when I returned. I am in my top bunk, ear plugs in, eye mask on, warmly under my blanket. Someone grabs my arm and I realize that voice in my head, "where's Deano" is not a dream.

Hamish? Bro you okay? What's up? "I'm leaving for my visa run in an hour and I'll probably never see you again cause your leaving for Full Moon and where's my phone?" Hamish is clearly blitzed, bored, and excessively loud. He makes an exit, slamming our dorm door behind him. Ear plugs go back in, eye mask on, roll over, door opens, "You guys should lock your door". He's back. He sits on the Irish girls beds below me, "Wanna hear my ringtones?" Guess he found his phone. He bobs around the room, saying goodbye to everyone, including people he's never met, makes one last round at my bed. "You got facebook?" Yep. "Hood, my last name is Hood, add me." I will, now get out of here. Be safe!

Wake up around 11 with flem in my throat, sore throat, headache and the name Hamish Hood burned into my memory. I add him, make my way down to the main area, eat some left over Pizza Company, and lie on a mat in the common area. No movie today, Hannah and Taryne apparently have bought season 4 of "How I Met Your Mother", and are watching every episode on the first disc. Apparently it's a very popular show in Australia, who would of thought.

I exit, hit up the pharmacy, get 20 500mg Amoxicilian tablets for about $6 and head back to the veg area. The rest of the day was a slow one, mostly resting and hoping that the drugs start to take effect before Full Moon Party in Kho Phangan.

I ask the front desk about my laundry that was supposed to be back by now, they say it will come in the morning. Uh, I leave in the morning at 7:45am, what time will it be ready? Note to the reader, Tip the manager speaks almost adequate English, but her helpers are nodders and smilers, with a minuscule vocabulary. They can sometimes understand you, if you speak slowly, but you are never really confident they grasp what you are saying. So yeah, what time in the morning? I sent out all my clothes, had not done laundry in 3 weeks, so everything was in that batch, and I can't leave without it. "What time?" Uh, you guys should know this, you booked it, 7:45am. "Ok, ready by 7." But is she just saying what I want to hear? You never know.

The rest of the night involved an overpriced dinner at a restaurant on the beach with 10 peeps from the hostel. A visit to Hollywood Bar where James (Aussie) and Taryne are adopted by a Thai woman, that neither is interested in. A few different sub par discotheques, and then a late night grubfest at McDonalds, open 24 hours, and we call it a night. I return, 3am, smile stretches across my face, my laundry is on the counter.

Nite Nite, Iphone Blogger Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment