Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 48: Woah, that's my junk bro...

Woke up to a boiling hot room. Someone clicked off the AC and the 5 of us left, spent a good 15 minutes in our bunk beds looking for the remote and discussing who would cross the room to manually turn it on. I finally do it, being the kind-hearted, heat opposed, gentlemen, as a dude from UK walks in, assesses the situation, grabs the remote from it's holster by the light switch and tosses it to me ... Yeah, we're a brilliant bunch.

We decide to try out the "Pizza Company" for lunch, a place we had passed multiple times on Bangla Rd but never stopped. Plus we were all craving some western food that was not McDonald's. Stylistically, it's reminiscent of a Pizza Hut from the 80's, with striped booths and a floating salad bar in the center of the room. Next to the salad bar, it says "Salad Bar, 99 baht". Now I'm feeling like I could go for a bit of healthiness, especially after all the fried rice and fried noodles I've been eating, And order 1 salad bar. She returns with a bowl the size of a small ashtray and says, "you go one time." What?! I'm either on Candid Camera or you're on crack, which is it? I hand back the bowl and order pasta carbonara.

The great thing about our hostel is the chill time you can spend mind numbingly in front of the big screen, aircon blasting, hundreds of DVD's, especially if you are drained from the beach Ora long night. And apparently half our hostel was drained because when I returned they were laid out all watching Full Moon ... Again. Yep, it's been a fan favorite, caught pieces of it in passing half a dozen times, and a full screening late one night. I take a bit of a nap and awake with a craving for pizza. Yeah, I'm fully aware I had Italian earlier that day, but my stomach has a mind of it's own. So I grabbed 9 others and we head back to the Pizza Company, this time for real pizza. I'll have a large Chicken Trio pie with cheesy crust, mushrooms, I'm watching my weight.

We make a b-line for Hollywood Bar, share some buckets, and head to Seduction, a dance club. There is always a few special people at every club that don't quite know their limits, but you're glad for it - free entertainment. Tonight on the docket was a larger girl, pushing 300lbs, in a white flowing spring dress. And then there was the thin wirey overambitious kiwi. I first meet the lady in white when she spots our mate Tim (Aussie) innocently dancing near a raised area on the floor. Like a steam locomotive, his back turned, she charges, grinding him up and down, owning his backside. In shock, deer in the headlights, he manages to escape her grip long enough to scurry behind our crew. Moments later, this Kiwi with a smile from ear to ear, having troubles keeping his shirt on, enters the scene. Dancing with guys and girls alike, he is easy prey for the lady in white, and once found, he likes it. What comes next is a terrible display of dancing, but a more than adequate display of why not too drink too much. Moments later, after some serious tonsil hockey, she pushes him away, having devoured her prey, she's moves on looking for new toys. He notices our crew in observation, comes our direction, half dancing, half stumbling, hand up for high fives. Well, what could I do, he is owning his experiences and entertained us quite a lot, so I give him a high five up top. He throws his arm round my neck, all buddy like, while his other hand finds his way to my balls, for a solid grab. Woah there buddy, you might have drunk too much. He smiles and laughs, and goes to high five Enrique (our token Argentinian for the night) who falls for the same trick. However, Enrique, being a bit shy and highly uncomfortable with affection, freaks a bit, laughing and pushing him away. Well you know what happens next, the Kiwi has found his prey, and thinking himself hilarious, the next hour, multiple times he pops up out of nowhere and grabs Enrique's package, all to our very amused and approving encouragement. ;)

We head back to the hostel, in bed by 3am, it was a good night!

Nite nite Bloggerland, the iPhone Blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment