Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 45: Fried Legs and Thai Molestation

Woke up at 9:30am ... Still exhausted from the day before. Kian had been up and down for a few hours. We hit up the "all you can eat" buffet at the hotel ... it was fair. Had my first cup of guava juice and first taste of a dragon fruit - both were interesting. After filling up on lots of little things, we headed up to the pool. This is definitely the crown jewel of the place. On the Lobby side, it had a huge piece of glass, affording a profile view of everything underwater. Already mentioned the mosaic tiling and fiber optic lighting, but not yet that it's a raised infinity pool over looking the palms trees, beach and ocean.  

It was dead today, only 2 couples lounging beneath some umbrellas and a very bored looking bartender. 45 minutes later it was back to the room, clean up, pack up, taxi waiting on Kian. I left my stuff at the front, walked 15 minutes down the beach to the Patong Backpackers Hostel and reserved my room for the week. Upon return, I lay by the pool, blog, and occasionally catch their wifi signal. 

Around 5:30, noticing my legs were a bit warm, I decided it was time to leave Neverland and return to reality. A taxi runs me 200 Baht, $6.50usd, and I settle into the dorm, 2nd floor, ready to relax. Took a shower and that's when a certain sensation hit me.  You know that sensation in the shower when warm water hits your flesh and it feels like thousands of needles pricking you at once? Yep, that's the one. The burn stretched from mid thighs all the way to the tops of my feet. Who ever puts lotion on their hairy legs? I will now! After my shower I head down to the common area.  

A few things happen downstairs, some cool, some disturbing. I meet a few nice guys, one from St. Louis crazy enough, have some dun conversations and then end up watching Snatch and Fight Club, - no complaints there. However, while watching the first film, something perturbing happens. The TV is on a raised platform, and people lounge on mats and pillows all around it or in chairs on the ground level. So in the beginning of Snatch, I have one leg up, one leg down, while talking to an Aussie that looks like Kevin Jonas. Next thing you know, I feel someone get a whole handful of my arse ... I jump half expecting it to be an old friend from home or a new friend from Phi Phi, but it is neither. It's the tiny Thai night woman from the hostel. She sees my surprise and gives me a "you like it" wink and continues on. What?! Did not know sexual harassment was on the menu, but I guess I should not be that surprised. Last time I was here, Tip the manager reached into my front pockets, feigning to grab my money, but clearly grabbing for something else. What can I say, Thai women have a thing for me ... Yeah me ...

After the molestation and the movies, I am zonked, need to call it a night. Nite nite from the iPhone Blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment